These fritters are super tasty and can be great as a starter or main meal.
This recipe serves 24 pieces.
- Chop up sweet potatoes ,coriander stalks and spring onions. Put them into an electric mixer and blend until the ingredients are chopped up into small little pieces.
- Now add the prawns to the mixing bowl and blend (You will still want to see little pieces of prawn in the mixture).
- Add flour, baking powder, water, salt and pepper then blend .
- Leave mixture to stand for 10 mins before cooking.
- You can either fry these in oil or as a healthier alternative you can air fry them if you have one .
- If you're choosing to air fry them I would roll them up into individual little balls and put them on some cling foil and fry them for 18 minutes at 200 degrees .
- If you want to fry them you can heat up some vegetable or olive oil in a pan to the depth of 2cm . When the oil is hot, carefully drop the individual balls of prawn mixture into the hot oil, leaving plenty of space between each one.
- Fry fritters for 2 minutes on both sides until crisp and browned. Once done remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.
- Finish off by adding some coriander leaves, season with a bit of salt and serve with some lemon and chili sauce if desired.
As you can see in the photos I usually eat these as a main course with a side salad.