4 heads of Green Cabbage, shredded
2 Collards Greens, destemmed and shredded
2 Kale leaves, de-stemmed and shredded
2 bunches of Broccoli, chopped1 Jalapeño , minced 10 garlic cloves, minced
2” piece Ginger, grated
1 Horseradish Root, peeled and grated
¼ teaspoon of pink salt
1 tablespoon of Superhuman Probiotics
1) Add all shredded, minced and grated ingredients to a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt.
2) Take the stems from the kale and collards place them in a blender filled with water - blend for 1 minute until smooth.
3) Turn off the blender and add your culture starter, either from a packet or 1/4 - 1 cup of liquid from your last batch of veggies.
4) Gently pulse the stems with the culture starter several times until fully incorporated, careful to not over blend.
5) Pour the liquid on top of the shredded vegetables and begin massaging them with your hands. Massage them until they begin to really shrink and break down.
6) Once veggies are fully incorporated and have begun to break down, pack them into glass jars, a crock or whatever fermentation device you have/use.
7) Allow the veggies to sit in a warm dark place for 7 days or longer, depending on your preference. 10.
This batch fermented for one month.
RECIPE CREATED BY ADAM IAN & CHRISTINA AFENTOULIS