This is a super quick vegetarian curry recipe that I make pretty much every week as it is so easy to make . Every time I make this curry I use different ingredients depending on what i have in this fridge, so feel free to use whatever veg you want in this curry. Also i haven't made this curry recipe spicy as i don't really like super spicy foods, so feel free to add some chillies into this recipe.
This cooks for 4 people.
1 Red pepper
1 Clove of Garlic
A handful of Spinach
1 whole small broccoli or cauliflower
400g of Chickpeas (one tin)
400ml Coconut milk (one tin)
2 tbsp Tomato puree
2 tsp Curry powder
½ ground coriander
Pinch of chilli flakes
Quinoa or rice
- In a large pan over a medium heat, saute the onions with olive oil and all the spices.
- Once the onions are softened, add in your chopped bell pepper, crushed garlic, broccoli and your aubergine.
- After a few minutes add in the coconut milk with 2 or 3 tablespoons of tomato puree and stir.
- Then add in a handful of spinach and let it cook down.
- Drain and rinse your chickpeas and then add them into the pan and stir.
- If the curry isn't thick enough for your liking then you can bring it to a boil and then lower the heat and simmer it for 20 mins with the lid on.
- If the curry is too thick for your liking you can add some vegetable stock.
- Cook until thick and continue to add spices if necessary.
- Serve over fluffy quinoa or rice
I normally make this curry after I have had lunch and then let it simmer for around 3 hours so that it's ready for dinner.