This is a healthier option for ice cream and also super easy to make since it's just three ingredients. I haven't added any sugar to this so if you want it a bit sweeter you could add some maple syrup or a bit of coconut sugar. In this recipe I use cashew, however any other nut would work perfectly.
600g frozen bananas - around three bananas
85g toasted hazelnuts
5tbsp cacao powder
- Before you freeze your bananas I suggest cutting them up into pieces to make it easier. Freeze your bananas overnight for at least 12 hours.
- After this time, place your hazelnuts in the electric whisk and roughly chop.
- Then add your frozen bananas and cacao and blend. If you want to add a sweetener this would be the time to add it in. You may need to use a spatula to help blend the ingredients together. Make sure you scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl a few times.
- Serve immediately or transfer to a freezer proof tub.
- If you are going to freeze the ice cream make sure that when you take it out of the freezer you let it cool down for a while as it will be very hard.
I always have this ice cream in my freezer to add to my desserts or to eat when I fancy something sweet.