Stir fry is a speedy midweek meal packed with lots or nutritional vegetables and is super easy to make! Although this recipe is vegetarian you can always add prawns or chicken to this meal.
This recipe cooks for 2 people .
Takes 15 minutes to prepare and 5 minutes to cook.
- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 60g mushrooms
- 1 courgette
- 1 carrot
- 3 spring onions
- 1 red chilli
- 4g of ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Bunch of coriander
- 25g of cashew nuts
- 1 ½ tbsp of coconut aminos- this is a healthier version of soy sauce, it is soy, wheat and gluten-free with a lower content of sodium.
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp peri peri sauce
- 1 ½ tbsp rice wine
- 160g of brown rice or you can use any type of noodles like rice noodles etc...
- First we want to make the sauce. Mix together the honey, coconut aminos or soy sauce, rice wine and peri peri sauce into a small bowl and set aside.
- Pre-cook your rice or noodles and set them aside.
- Finely chop up all the vegetables so that they are ready to be cooked.
- Put your wok or saucepan on a medium-high heat with some olive oil then add your cashew nuts to the pan. Stir them around until they are golden-brown and place them into a bowl and set aside.
- With your wok still on a high heat add your vegetables in this order: onions, red pepper, courgette, mushrooms, carrot. Make sure they are covered in oil and keep stirring them.
- Add your ginger, chilli and garlic and cook for a few seconds so that they soften.
- Finally, add the cooked rice and sauce to the pan and stir everything together. Once this is done take it off the heat and mix in your cashew nuts.
- Serve a portion of your stir fry onto a plate and finish with some spring onions and coriander.
I love this meal as its super quick and very healthy especially as it´s all organic and brought from our local shops here in Spain!
I hope you find this recipe as tasty as I do .